Monday, December 3, 2007

A Small Rant About: My Generation and The Iraqi War

Duration: 02:20 minutes
Upload Time: 2007-09-24 11:54:40
User: xerocalibur
:::: Favorites
:::: Top Videos of Day
Description:

Close to 6 years of troops occupying Iraq, and there is little sign of that changing any time soon. Why are we allowing our young people to come back home in boxes? Music: "Damage Done" by Mushroomhead off their album, "Savior Sorrow" **NOTE** Due to the nature of this mask, it's very difficult to talk, hence, subtitles. Thanks. **NOTE 2** I've decided to include the transcription over here, too, as Youtube conversion has left the subtitles a bit fuzzy it seems: "Hi youtubers, xerocalibur here, and I want to get your opinion today on something very serious to me because I actually have some friends who are currently in the war and it's something I'm not proud of as an American, I really don't think that the iraqi war is something our country have participated in, let alone should have started -- And I think it's a mistake that we should have gone there in the first place -- and now that more and more young soldiers are coming home dead, George Bush wants to attack Iran? What's wrong with our country that we aren't stopping this man? I mean -- don't get me wrong, I'm not saying anything bad about the government right now, I am saying however that I am displeased with how things are run... The fact that we have this war going on and people coming back dead -- kids my age, who are still supposed to be in college, are in a war, coming back dead, for no damn good reason. And I know, millions of other people have covered this topic in their videos and I'm probably late to the game, but -- I got people over there, too, and I don't want them to come back in a box. So here's a question, youtube: Why haven't we done anything about this? If this is such a problem in our united states, why have we not done anything to fix the problem? WHY?! Leave your comments below so I can read them, send me a video response, do SOMETHING, let me know if you're as hot headed about this as I am. And then maybe we can go somewhere -- maybe we can fix this problem in our country. Maybe we can collectively group together our opinions and our thoughts, and get our voices heard. But until then -- we're screwed."

Comments

Upsetley ::: Favorites  2007-09-24 18:44:48

Hello, YES! There are lots of people out there who feel the same way that you do (many of us are also vets). I feel that I am an extreamly patriotic person and I am proud to be an American!! But what our leaders are doing is wrong! Something needs to change, FAST!! Good luck.
__________________________________________________
ghettolyfe ::: Favorites  2007-09-27 15:52:06

Yes, Im with you. More and More troops are getting sent to Iraq than coming back to America or Somewhere within the Allied countries. Why is this war still going on.? Will it last until our children become adults.? Who is doing somehting about it? Us not the President. But if we hadnt gone to Iraq when we needed to. We would've gotten bombed. But Theres no threats now. The government just wants the OIL Iraq can produce.. Anti-War~
__________________________________________________
slayerxv ::: Favorites  2007-10-19 20:01:43

im with u all the way bro.all of these young troops are coming back dead buy beheadings,shot out of plains and george bush just sit there buying bombs creating evn more death showers!y doesnt he just spend the millions hes spending on bombs and help ids dying of satrvation or using it to send troops better weapon and armor..he thnks bombs are the way out..it take that one bomb to be deffective adn we the iraqins found out the bomb hit and nothing happened were fucked!
__________________________________________________
slayerxv ::: Favorites  2007-10-19 20:05:08

thell think we tried kill them...read the comment under mine its from me and in it i ment to say y dont he spend the millions hes spending on bombs to use to help starving children in this world
__________________________________________________
riveternite ::: Favorites  2007-10-26 18:52:52

Great speech! We need to gather and unite. I dont know the first thing about doing it. Noam Chomsky lays out some simple ways of doing so. It is almost as though we need a revolution to stop this crazyness.
__________________________________________________
MarvelNut ::: Favorites  2007-10-27 17:20:09

Just out of curiosity, where did you get that mask? I've looked everywhere for one, including Mushroomhead's website, and I still haven't been able to find me an X-Face.
__________________________________________________

No comments: